Conditions of Sale
By booking a pass for the iGaming Executive Conference and Player Acquisition Strategies you (“Ticket Holder”) agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of sale specified herein and any other provision as may be specified from time to time by iGaming Business (“Organiser”). The Organiser, their agents or employees shall not be liable for any death, personal injury (unless caused by negligence of The Organiser or its agents and employees), loss damage however caused while in the venue. The Organiser reserves the right with absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the programme in which all monies will be refunded. The Organiser and other divisions of Clarion Events Ltd safeguard your data. We will endeavour to keep you informed of our other conferences and products where appropriate and may occasionally make your name available to reputable companies outside the group. If you would prefer us not to release your name to third parties, please opt out on the registration page.
Cancellations & Refund Policy
By clicking "Submit" you agree to cover the cost of your pass. Cancellations can only be made in writing and are subject to the following conditions:
• Written cancellations made more than 6 weeks in advance of the Event start date will be subject to a full refund.
• Written cancellations made between 4-6 weeks of the Event start date will be subject to a 50% +VAT refund per ticket.
• Written cancellations made less than 4 weeks before the Event date cannot be refunded.
• Due to high demand and limited tickets your booking MUST be fully paid for in advance of the Event. Failure to do so will mean that the Ticket Holder will not be permitted entry to the Event. The Organiser reserves the right, without refund or compensation, to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate.
Data protection and privacy
In providing any personal data to us we agree to use that only for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to you and to inform you of other related services and forthcoming exhibitions which you may be interested in. Should you not wish to receive these communications please contact us to have your details removed or use the unsubscribe facilities provided.
All delegates will be charged VAT regardless of their country of residence. Under EU law, the event comes under the 'supplied where performed' rules. This means that the activity is taxed at the place where it is physically carried out and not where it is received. For further details please refer to European Commission website, the area of the legislation that is relevant for these services is Article 52 B of the VAT Directive under EU Law.
Reclaim Procedures - Individuals attending the event in a 'non-business' capacity will not be entitled to recover the VAT they incur. However, there are several ways for businesses, i.e. delegates from businesses / customers, to recover the VAT depending on their country of residence:
• Business customers: Any business delegate who belongs in the native country will be entitled to recover the VAT incurred on their VAT return (subject to the normal rules such as holding a valid VAT invoice).
• Business customers in the EU: Any business delegate who belongs in an EU country other than Holland is entitled to make a claim for the VAT incurred.
• Business customers outside the EU: Any business delegate who belongs in a country outside the EU is also entitled to make a claim for the VAT incurred.